Wednesday 11 August 2010

Randomly Speaking...

** Have you seen the Eminem and Rihanna video for "Love the way you lie" yet? (You can check it out here: "Love the Way you lie") It is a little unsettling to watch, the song and video strongly documenting abuse. I like the song. I read that both of them are getting slammed for "glamorizing" abuse. Maybe I am blind, I don't see how that video was glamorous. That video was brutal.

** And how about Steven Slater, the Jet Blue flight attendant that had enough. I have laughed so hard over this. I have had many days at different jobs wanting to do the exact same thing and walk out. I think it has been a little overblown, though. And what is going to happen to the lady on the plane that was causing a disturbance? Isn't it against the law as well to behave that way on a flight? Hmm!

** Pop Tarts store opens in Times Square. I'm a fan of pop tarts in small doses, I definitely couldn't eat them every single day. The store sounded intriguing at first, then I started to read about it and my teeth started to hurt at the thought of all that sugar. I bet it does amazing business.

** Anyone been to the movies lately? I went to see "The Other Guys" starring Mark Wahlberg (Hello, Marky Mark!) and Will Ferrell. The movie was absolutely hilarious! I can only take Will Ferrell in small doses, but Mark Wahlberg polarized him enough that I laughed through the entire movie. There is even bonus Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Derek Jeter.



This weekend "Eat, Pray, Love" and "The Expendables" opens. I need to catch them both. (I love a good chick flick as much as I love a good action movie! Plus "The Expendables" has Bruce Willis...) I also need to still go see "Inception"!


** I need a new mantra. New year (birthday was on Monday), time for a new mantra. Besides I think that everyone uses "Live, Laugh, Love" so I need something more me. What about you? Do you have your own personal mantra?

** I want to send big get well soon wishes and love to my cousin, Joyce!! :) Hope you are up to par soon!

** Can I just end this with the fact that I am so excited that Vanessa Marcil is back on "General Hospital"?? LOVE that Brenda Barrett!

No comments:

Post a Comment